NutterPhotog.com

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Lie and Wait calls it quits RIP

Formerly known as Look Out, San Antonio hardcore band Lie and Wait played there last show this past friday. I have been photographing this band for years now, became great friends with the guys in the band, and now doing the same with there new projects they have going (FEED and Altus). They have toured the US because of this band, released quite a few records, played some fests, and met a ton of people. I'm definitely bummed to see them go, but there is a time for everything to end I suppose.
I made the trip down to San Antonio to document this time, rode along with Mammoth Grinder, or should I say, slept. I was super tired from working all day before the show, and I thank them for giving me a ride. We showed up a bit late and missed half of the first bands set, so I didn't get to much of Power Trip.


Power Trip - Images by Tyler Nutter

After there set I was able to set some lights up like I had planned. This technique doesn't work in all venues as well as this place, bigger venues with dark ceilings work decent but not the way this place handles the light. The Ten Eleven (formerly The Warhol) is tiny, and has low a low white ceiling, with this I was able to put 2 strobes at the back corners of the stage away safe from any danger of being smashed. With these 2 lights I was able to light up a huge portion of the ceiling and effectively turn it into a huge light source, as I mentioned before this technique doesn't work as well in bigger venues with high and/or dark ceilings; with those you pretty much have to point the light right at the backs of the band and you get a completely different result. The strobes were a couple of Nikon sb600 with a little mod I did to them so they would allow a mini jack for syncing, plugged into those were some Alien Bees Cybersyncs.
Now on to the show...

Mammoth Grinder


Mammoth Grinder - Images by Tyler Nutter

Golden Age


Golden Age - Images by Tyler Nutter

On My Side


On My Side - Images by Tyler Nutter

Bitter End


Bitter End - Images by Tyler Nutter

and finally Lie and Wait


Lie and Wait - Images by Tyler Nutter

I chose to take some video of the last 5 minutes of Lie and Wait ever, finally putting the D90 to use.

Lie and Wait - The Crown (Last Song Ever) from Tyler Nutter on Vimeo.



All of these photos are available for prints, and can be ordered HERE

1 comment:

Rookie Soldier said...

Awesome shoot there Nutter !!

Weird seeing bands lit up so much thou, not sure if I like it that much, doesn't really seem like a show.

ALSO, your slideshow software is killing me cause it won't let me copy and post pictures. I was trying to post a few teaser pics to my blog and do a write-up to have people come check out your stuff but I can't use them.

xCDx

My photo
Austin, TX
Photographer, Computer Geek, Straight Edge, and Taco Lover. I Photograph live music and people, this blog is where I will showcase all of my recent work. Contact me if your interested in my services, or if you just wanna say "Yo!". Just about all of the photographs you see here are available as prints, click where it says "buy prints"

archive