NutterPhotog.com

Thursday, April 30, 2009

a few from SXSW

As some of you might know I shot for SXSW music festival this year, it got me access to all the fun stuff. But I didn't plan things out right to partake it to many of them. However, I did see DEVO, and Metallica, both were something pretty cool to be there for and take photos of.
Metallica was suppose to be a secret show, but just like everything else these days the secret leaked and the place was packed. So many people there I couldn't get a decent spot to take pictures of them, oh well, I made due with what I could get.


Metallica - Images by Tyler Nutter

I ended up leaving a bit early and headed to the other side of town and got to the music hall just in time for DEVO. I have never seen so many immature old photographers before, dudes pissed me off. To start off, there was so many photographers the PR lady ok'd 2 groups of photographers inside the press pit throughout 6 songs. Still, they all pushed and shoved and tried to get up to the front, then when asked to stand behind a door that was constantly being opened no one listened. Me and another guy (that I believe his badge said Chronicle on it) were the first ones they asked to stand back there to wait for the next group, but not even half of them listened and chilled out/waited there turn. By the time they let us in, there was plenty of space in the pit for all the assholes. I even saw some girl that snuck back up there after leaving the first group, grow up people and act like the professionals your suppose to be. sorry for the rant.
DEVO did there stuff, I got some nice shots, then left and went home for the night right after everyone abandoned the building when they finished playing whip it.


Devo - Images by Tyler Nutter

All of these photos are available for prints HERE

No comments:

My photo
Austin, TX
Photographer, Computer Geek, Straight Edge, and Taco Lover. I Photograph live music and people, this blog is where I will showcase all of my recent work. Contact me if your interested in my services, or if you just wanna say "Yo!". Just about all of the photographs you see here are available as prints, click where it says "buy prints"

archive