NutterPhotog.com

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Iron Age Record Release

I pushed my new camera to the limit last night with its low light performance and I must say, I was amazed. A year ago there is no way I would even think of doing this with my old D2x, and even with my D90 I wouldn't think about it. But with the amazing sensor that the D700 has it made this possible.. The Broken Neck, one of the most dark, smelly, DIY, awesome venue here in Austin, TX is where it was, lit by only 4 (low wattage) lights from about 10ft above the stage. I went out with only one lens and no flash, and came home happy, not something I plan to do regularly but it's nice to know this body can handle it. All of these were shot at ISO 6400, which to me seem like the quality of about ISO 1600ish on the Nikon D90... Nikon D700 FTW!
Iron Age released a record, Mammoth Grinder, and Power Trip also payed, there was another band who opened but I missed them and don't recall there name.
Anyway, here are the pictures from each set:
Power Trip:



Mammoth Grinder:



Iron Age:




EDIT:
Here is a video from the show recorded by sikander

Iron Age-The Sleeping Eye record release show recap from Livin' Proof on Vimeo.

No comments:

My photo
Austin, TX
Photographer, Computer Geek, Straight Edge, and Taco Lover. I Photograph live music and people, this blog is where I will showcase all of my recent work. Contact me if your interested in my services, or if you just wanna say "Yo!". Just about all of the photographs you see here are available as prints, click where it says "buy prints"

archive