NutterPhotog.com

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bright White in the green room

Bright White.
I shot them a day or two after getting back in town at the Mohawk here in Austin, TX. I was super stoked on what images I managed to produce for these guys, all from a small green room on top of the downtown club. We started off with this couch up against the wall, right under a big Mohawk logo on the wall that also doubled as the longest wall in the room. That had to go, I managed to get a few shots that barely included it and got rid of it in aperture. The lighting setup for this was simple, a shoot through umbrella with a sb600 shooting through it on both sides up as high as I could get them.
Bright White
We then pulled the couch out into the middle of the room and managed to turn the entire room black! By this time the sun had gone down a bit so the ambient light was real low, it would have been easier with huge powerful mono lights, but I made due with my small super portable strobes, thanks to what I have learned lurking around Strobist. Three light setup, all sb600's: 1 with a DIY'ish grid at full power and zoomed in all the way at camera right and up high, camera left, just a few feet from the subject was a shoot through umbrella down low for some fill, and then behind zoomed in all the way to add some separation between the black hair and the (now) black room.
Bright White
Bright White
I'm still stoked on how these came out.
My photo
Austin, TX
Photographer, Computer Geek, Straight Edge, and Taco Lover. I Photograph live music and people, this blog is where I will showcase all of my recent work. Contact me if your interested in my services, or if you just wanna say "Yo!". Just about all of the photographs you see here are available as prints, click where it says "buy prints"

archive